Connor Drake & Sean Price-Regan
This is a new role, the officers will be tasked with ensuring wokring class students are considered in decision-making.
- Create a sense of community and belonging - coffee mornings and buddy schemes to help welcome new students
- Raise awareness of class issues - hosting events featuring academics, campaigners and students
- Push for greater information of various university schemes - as well as introduce an Activities Bursary
- Work with the University to reduce hidden costs - such as books and trips
- Advocate for cheaper rents - as well as mitigation of accommodation deposits
- Extending the childcare centre's opening hours - for students who finish after 6pm