Welcome to the Academic Rep section of the YUSU website!
On this page you will find everything you need to know about your roles, links to handy helpsheets and how to get in touch with key contacts. We want this to be as useful as possible so do let us know if you want anything else adding in.
- Academic Rep Handbook - This handbook gives you all the basic information you need to be a Rep. It also has useful contacts and a jargon buster.
- Role Descriptions - Current role descriptors for
- Training Slides - These slides were used in the initial training sessions, use them to remind yourself of the basics.
A guide to academic policies is currently being created and will be uploaded soon.
- Committees - Tips on what to do before, during and after a meeting.
- Communication - Ideas on how to effectively communicate with your cohort.
- Confidentiality - The do’s and dont’s of confidentiality.
- NSS - what it is and how you can use it.
- Surveys - Helping you to get started creating feedback surveys.
More handy helpsheets will be made available over the coming weeks - including tips and tricks for social media.
- Agenda template
- Minutes template
- Feedback worksheet - use this to gather feedback from your cohort on a range of key themes
- Goal planner - use this to plan out your project with simple, achievable tasks
- Example goal planner
- Weekly planner - for those who like to make lists!
Keeping in Touch
There are lots of ways in which you can stay in the loop and get in touch with us.