Welcome to the Academic Rep section of the YUSU website!
On this page you will find everything you need to know about your roles, links to handy helpsheets and how to get in touch with key contacts. We want this to be as useful as possible so do let us know if you want anything else adding in.
- Academic Rep Handbook - This handbook gives you all the basic information you need to be a Rep. It also has useful contacts and a jargon buster.
- Role Descriptions - The current role descriptors for Course Reps, Department Reps and Faculty Reps.
- Training Slides - These slides were used in the initial training sessions, use them to remind yourself of the basics.
A guide to academic policies is currently being created and will be uploaded soon.
- Committees - Tips on what to do before, during and after a meeting.
- Communication - Ideas on how to effectively communicate with your cohort.
- Confidentiality - The do’s and dont’s of confidentiality.
- NSS - what it is and how you can use it.
- Surveys - Helping you to get started creating feedback surveys.
More handy helpsheets will be made available over the coming weeks - including tips and tricks for social media.
Keeping in Touch
There are lots of ways in which you can stay in the loop and get in touch with us.
- Join the Course Rep Facebook Group
- Update us on your wins!
- Check out our fortnightly REPort newsletters
- Come to one of our weekly drop-ins (12-4pm every Tuesday)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the YUSU building
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter