What is Student Voice?
YUSU is for, with, and by students. This means that we listen to and promote the Student Voice in all areas of our work. As a student at the University of York, you are automatically a member of YUSU, making your voice one we want to hear.
We work closely with the University to make sure that all student representatives can work effectively and push for the changes that you want and need. Whether it’s through engaging with your Sabbs, PTOs or Academic Reps, we all make sure that your views are heard at the highlest levels across campus.
How does YUSU support Student Voice?
- Electing and recruiting over 450 Academic Reps, 9 PTOs and 5 Sabbs so that you can choose who represents you
- Enacting policy written and led by students
- Training and providing opportunities for all student representatives to enable them to represent you well and enact change
- Supporting and running campaigns that have a positive impact on any aspects of student life
- Conducting research to find out what you care about and lobbying the University where it matters most
- Putting students at the heart of everything we do through consultation and democracy