York Student Television (YSTV)
YSTV produce and broadcast television live and on-demand, on ystv.co.uk and, for larger events, on screens across campus.
We film events, short reports and any shows our members can dream up, which are edited at YSTV and put up on our website. We also make frequent live shows across a variety of genres such as news, magazine shows and music using our fully-equipped TV studio.
Each year, the station enters its content to be considered for awards from the National Student Television Association, with many already to our name.
Finally, we organise outside broadcasts of major campus events such as Roses, Elections and The Love York Awards, setting up a full TV studio on-site and broadcasting the whole event live!
You don't need any prior experience to get involved with YSTV, its a lot of fun to do and really easy to pick up, so come along and give it a go!
Meeting Days, Times and Venue
YSTV are hosting a welcome meeting on Tuesday Week 2 (2nd Oct) in the Ron Cooke Hub lecture theatre at 7pm - this is a brilliant way to get involved and find out what we're all about!
We also hold open production meetings every Tuesday at 20:00 to 20:30 in G/N/020. Pop along if you have a cool idea for a show or if fancy hearing what other people are up to. New members are always welcome!
Admin meetings are on Tuesdays from 19:00 to 20:00 in G/N/020.
Live shows take place in YSTV itself on a regular basis, and we're always looking to hear from anybody with ideas for shows so get in touch if you're interested in any part of the society, or want to find out more!
Seperated into different teams, the YSTV committee meet every Tuesday at 19:00 for admin meeting - at which all paid members are welcome. They make sure the society runs effectively for all. They are:
- Station Director - Edwin Barnes
- Deputy Station Director - Stephanie Shires
- Secretary - Olivia Gibbs
- Treasurer - Thomas Schubert
- Acting Production Director - Joe Patrick
- Assistant Production Director - Joe Patrick
- Head of Presentation - Sam Hance
- Outside Broadcast Co-ordinator - Erhard Zurwaka
- Head of Factual - Richard Jones
- Head of Scripted - Anastasia Arsentyeva
- Computing Officer - Adam Birtles
- Assistant Computing Officer - Position Vacant
- Webmaster - Kenric Yuen
- Technical Director - Tom Lee
- Deputy Technical Director - Calluinn Cooke
- Commercial Director - Aleksandra Rojek
- Assitant Commercial Director - Chun-Jou Yu
- Social Secretary - Charlotte Rogers
YSTV communicates through Slack to organise shows and ideas. You can join at ystv.slack.com using your @york.ac.uk email! We also have a facebook group, which we use for regular updates, information and socials, which you can join at https://www.facebook.com/groups/ystvmembers18/.
Make sure you follow us on social media too!
You can join this student group by buying one of the memberships below: