We're a student society dedicated to admiring (and helping others to admire) the natural world! Whether you are interested in trees, wildflowers, fungi, birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish - you name it - you're welcome to come and share your knowledge (or learn a little bit) here at WildSoc!
Our main events include:
- Documentary evening - we all huddle around a big screen and admire the wonder that is David Attenborough (feel free to bring pillows and blankets to make it extra cosy!) And when Springwatch/Autumnwatch/Winterwatch is on, you can be sure we'll be on campus watching!
- Debates - We'll be discussing environmental issues dear to our members' hearts. Each week, members will be invited (it is totally voluntary) to do a short presentation on an environmental subject/concern of their choice, which everyone will then discuss.
- Wildlife on Campus tours - The University of York campus is just too full of wildlife to miss out on this opportunity! With Hes East being a nature reserve, we must take advantage of it. These tours will be open to the public, too.
- Trips to Nature Reserves (pending) - Because what is a love of wildlife when you can't actually get out into it?
So come along, and learn to love your world!
Email us at: email@example.com
On Twitter: @WildlifeY
Or Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/wildsocyork
Meeting Days, Times and Venue
YOU CAN NOW BUY TICKETS FOR OUR TRIP TO BEMPTON CLIFFS ON THE YUSU EVENTS AND TICKETS PAGE.
- Monday 22nd April, 19:00-21:00, D/N/056 - Welcome Back Pizza and Documentary
- Friday 3rd May, 19:30-21:00, Ron Cooke Hub entrance - Bat Walk
- Wednesday 8th May, 14:00-16:30, meet in front of Minster - Treasurer's House Gardens visit (followed by Old White Swan)
- Wednesday 15th May, 14:00-17:00, St Mary's Abbey ruins, Museum Gardens - Outdoor Group Study Session (Weather Depending.)
- Saturday 25th May, 14:00-17:00, St Mary's Abbey ruins, Museum Gardens - Outdoor Group Study Session (Weather Depending.)
- Sunday 26th May, 14:00-17:00, St Mary's Abbey ruins, Museum Gardens - Outdoor Group Study Session (Weather Depending.)
- Friday 7th June, 18:00 until late, starting at The Black Swan pub - Pub Crawl
Also look out for info on our end of year trip to RSPB Bempton Cliffs!
For updates, check out Facebook page.
You can join this student group by buying one of the memberships below: