From track and field and cross country to road racing and fun runs, there is a place for everyone at the Athletics and Running club. Some of our coaches have trained Olympians and National Champions while others simply seek to get people into sport. We believe that whilst a core of top athletes and coaches is necessary, the importance of an open and accessible club cannot be overstated. As a result we have no try-outs and people of all abilities are welcome but those who really want to push themselves can join the medal winners and national finalists already in our squad. With a newly built athletics stadium on campus and two excellent gyms, we have incredible facilities on offer.
We work closely with the City of York Athletics Club (COYAC) and utilise their coaching expertise. As a result, our full membership includes a membership to COYAC and all sessions they run. University athletes typically train on Monday and Wednesday at the Heslington West athletics track, however please check the COYAC website or email the club (email@example.com) for more information.
If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, thanks!
Meeting Days, Times and Venue
Club Run Members:
- Tuesday club run, 7pm outside the Sports Centre on Heslington West
- Thursday club run, 7pm outside the Sports Centre on Heslington West
- Weekend long run or Parkrun, please see the Facebook group for more information
- Full access to club run sessions
- Full City of York AC membership and access to all of their sessions. Most University athletes train at 7pm on Monday and Wednesday. There is an alternative sprinter's group on Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm.
- Open track sessions (no coaching) on Wednesday and Saturday (4-6pm)
AU Fee Required
This club is a Black tier sports club.
You must have already purchased a Black tier membership.
Black Tier Membership - £20.00
You can join this student group by buying one of the memberships below: