Summer Storage for Students
By Benjamin Leatham
Inner Space Stations Ltd Student Storage Information Pack:
- Package 1 costs £35 and includes 2 x Large Cardboard Boxes, Tape, Pen + Insurance up to the value of £500 (£250 per box). Weight Limit is 20kg per Box – Additional boxes can be purchased for £15 each and will be insured to the value of £250 per box.
- Package 2 costs £55 and includes 2 x Large Plastic Boxes (security clips will be provided on drop off days to seal them) + Insurance up to the value of £500 (£250 per box). Weight Limit is 23kg per box – Additional boxes can be purchased for £27.50 each and will be insured to the value of £250 per box. You can return the Plastic Boxes to Inner Space Stations Ltd and we will refund you £10 per box if they are returned undamaged
- We can accept Suitcases and are charged at £17.50 each. Maximum Weight Limit is 20kg and will be insured up to the value of £250.
- We may be able to store Exceptional items and they will be charged at £17.50 per item. Maximum Weight Limit is 20kg and will be insured up to the value of £250.
- Drop off will at YUSU on the following dates and times : Friday 3rd June 2016 9.00am – 5.00pm, Friday 10 th June 2016 9.00am – 5.00pm, Sunday 19th June 2016 10.00am – 3.00pm
- Collections will be from YUSU on the following dates and times: Saturday 24th September 2016 10.00am – 3.00pm,
- Sunday 25th September 2016 9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday 3rd October 2016 9.00am – 5.00pm
ALL PACKAGES MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE FROM YUSU
*All prices are inclusive of Vat*
How long can I store for?
- Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage will store your belongings from Friday 3 rd June 2016 until Monday 3 rd October 2016. If you are going on a placement and need your items stored for longer please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage to arrange this for an additional charge of £2 per box per week
Is there short term storage available?
- Yes, please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage. We will charge £2 per box per week
Where are my things stored?
- Your belongings will be stored by Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage in our secure storage compound which is covered by CCTV 24hrs
Is the container temperature controlled?
- No but all our containers are lined with Grafotherm to prevent condensation and damp
Are they insured?
- Yes each box is insured to the value of £250. There is an excess of £50
How big are the boxes?
- Cardboard Boxes are approx. L45cm x W45cm x H45cm Plastic Boxes are approx. L60cm x W40cm x H41cm
Can I use my own Boxes?
- No I’m afraid we can only accept boxes supplied by Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage
Is there any limits to how much I can store?
- No, you can store as many boxes as you want and additional boxes can be purchased from YUSU. All boxes will be weighed and must not exceed the relevant weight. You may be asked to buy additional boxes and split them down
Can I store my suitcases?
- Yes, we will store your suitcases but they must be in good working order with no broken zips. These must be clearly labelled with Surname, Student ID Number and Collection date
I have large items can I store them?
- We may be able to accept exceptional items and these are charged at £17.50 each and have a weight limit of 20kg per item. They must be clearly labelled with your Surname, Student ID Number and Collection date
What can I store?
- You can store most things however you CANNOT store Perishables, Foods, Flammable Liquids, Combustible Materials, *Make-up, *Liquids *these items are permitted if stored in the Plastic Storage Boxes
When is YUSU open to buy Packages or additional Boxes?
- YUSU is open Monday – Friday 9.00am – 5.00pm.
Do you offer a refund?
- I’m afraid we don’t refund surplus cardboard boxes purchased so please make sure you only buy the boxes you will actually use. We do offer refund on plastic boxes. We will refund you £10 per box if returned undamaged. They can ONLY be returned to Inner Space Stations Ltd
Do you collect from my accommodation?
- No unfortunately not, you will need to bring your boxes to YUSU on one of the 3 drop off dates available
How do I get my things to YUSU?
- There are trolleys available at each of the porter’s lodges. If you are staying off campus or at Heslington East then we suggest taking a taxi or asking a friend to drive you
Can I get a friend to drop off my things?
- No I’m afraid you must come yourself just in case there are any problems when you drop them off
I’m coming back to a different college does this matter?
- No we don’t need to know what college you are in
What do I write on the Cardboard boxes?
- You must write your Surname, Student ID Number and Collection date on the side of all your Cardboard boxes, these should be numbered 1, 2, 3 etc.
What do I write on the Plastic Boxes?
- There is a card insert on the side of the box for you to write your Surname, Student ID Number and Collection date. These boxes should be numbered 1, 2, 3 etc.
How do I make my boxes secure?
- Cardboard boxes should be secured using the parcel tape you were given with your pack. Security seals will be provided for the Plastic boxes on the drop off dates
When can I collect my things back?
- There are 3 collection dates available and your chosen date will confirmed on your storage receipt. You MUST produce your Student ID when collecting your boxes
What do I do if I need to change my collection date?
- As the boxes are stored in respect of collection dates it is important that we know when you are returning. If for any unforeseen reason you need to collect on a different date than the one you have already stated please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to collect on another date at an additional charge of £2 per box
What happens if my items are damaged?
- Please contact Inner Space Stations Ltd Storage. Please note there is a £50 excess on the Insurance