EU Referendum - What are we doing to raise awareness?
By Benjamin Leatham
The EU Referendum is fast approaching! The following are all the things we are doing to raise awareness and encourage students to register and vote.
- Emailed every single student about registration on the 18th May.
- Designed a range of digital assets to raise awareness across social media channels and started a registration campaign across Facebook (14k likes) and Twitter (10.5k followers)
- Distributed the following resources around campus:
- 30x A3 posters [YUSU venues, noticeboards, buses]
- 200x A4 posters [Given to campaign groups, YUSU venues and noticeboards]
- 1,000x A5 Flyers [Given to campaign groups, YUSU venues and noticeboards]
- 2,000x Stickers [On bottles in bars, and meal deals in shops]
- Confirmed my involvement in a panel discussion on 'The Social, Legal and Business Consequences of Brexit' as part of the Festival of Ideas. Thursday 16 June 2016, 2.00pm to 3.30pm in LMB030/031.
- A variety of resources available that students can come and collect and use to raise awareness of the referendum.
- Had a large focus on the referendum at the Eurovision events in our Commercial Services venues.
If anyone has any further ideas please don't hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com. We'd be more than happy to offer support.