By Benjamin Leatham
The EU Referendum is fast approaching! The following are all the things we are doing to raise awareness and encourage students to register and vote.
- Emailed every single student about registration on the 18th May.
- Designed a range of digital assets to raise awareness across social media channels and started a registration campaign across Facebook (14k likes) and Twitter (10.5k followers)
- Distributed the following resources around campus:
- 30x A3 posters [YUSU venues, noticeboards, buses]
- 200x A4 posters [Given to campaign groups, YUSU venues and noticeboards]
- 1,000x A5 Flyers [Given to campaign groups, YUSU venues and noticeboards]
- 2,000x Stickers [On bottles in bars, and meal deals in shops]
- Confirmed my involvement in a panel discussion on 'The Social, Legal and Business Consequences of Brexit' as part of the Festival of Ideas. Thursday 16 June 2016, 2.00pm to 3.30pm in LMB030/031.
- A variety of resources available that students can come and collect and use to raise awareness of the referendum.
- Had a large focus on the referendum at the Eurovision events in our Commercial Services venues.
If anyone has any further ideas please don't hesitate to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd be more than happy to offer support.